Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies App/Book by PadWorx

I just read that PadWorx is working on an app/book version of  Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for Quirk Books. This is interesting for a couple of reasons:

First, I had approached Quirk about doing an app/book adaptation of the same book last November but David Borgenicht, President of Quirk Books, never responded to my LinkedIn mail on the subject. So when i read that PadWorx was doing the app/book for it I was happy for PadWorx but admittedly a little jealous.

Second, my own Steampunk Holmes has been compared a couple of times to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies because they are both mash-ups. To be honest Quirk Books was part of the inspiration for Steampunk Holmes so I consider the comparison a complement!

I wish PadWorx all the best with this project - it should be pretty cool when it's finished. Hopefully, Steampunk Holmes will win me the same kind of street creds that PadWorx has obtained so that I can go on to do projects like Android Karenina, Jane Slayre, or Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - or maybe I'll just do more of my own Steampunk adaptations.

No comments: